The purpose of this article is successfully creating a CSR file. CSR is an abbreviation for Certificate Signing Request.
Firstly to get a valid certificate from the developer console, you must generate and CSR file on the mac machine using the Keychain access app; with the help of this file actually Apple verifies you and your system, it’s just like we are asking for a Permission for doing stuff; and in return Apple gives us a certificate.
Steps for creating a CSR file.
- Open Keychain Access application on Mac.
- To open keychain Access application, press (Command + spacebar). Spot light search opens; spotlight search is an default search kind of application provided by apple so that you can find any file located at any particular location on your mac device
- Once the keychain Access application starts, click on Keychain Access menu on the top bar, beside the Apple Menu.
- Click on “Request a Certificate from a Certificate Authority”.
- A popup window will appear asking for some general information like, User Email Address, Common Name, Email Address, CA Email Address and where do you want the CSR file.
- Click on continue, once done with filling all the entries.
- Make sure the saved to disk check box is checked.
- A popup window will appear asking for the name of the CSR file.
- Please enter the desired name and give a proper location where you want to save this file.
- This process finishes the creation of a CSR file, now click on “Show in finder” button to get the CSR file.
Note: As we have given the location as Desktop, the CSR file is now saved on the Desktop.