Some technical words that are in used while testing: –
Error: – Mistakes done in program or code that is written by a developer is known as Error. It is identified by a Developer.
Defect: – Anything which deviates from plan and software misses some feature or function that specify in requirement specification is known as Defect. It is identified by a tester.
Bug: – When actual result deviates from the expected result while testing a software application is known as a Bug. A bug is an Informal name of Defect and it is identified by a tester.
Failure: – The issue and deviation identified by end-user while using a system are called a failure. Cause of defect which leads to a Failure.
Bug-tracking: – Tracking and maintaining all the defects in one centralized location is called Defect tracking.
Bug-tracking tool: – The tools that are used for Tracking and Maintaining all the defects in one centralized location is called defect tracking tool.
Some defect tracking tools- Bugzilla, Mantis, Jira, Bug genie, Project Management Tool etc.
What is Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)?
Software Development life cycle is a procedure to develop the software. It is a process of creating a system or a models or methodologies that people use to develop a system or software. Through SDLC a system meets high quality of work effectively and efficiently.
The various Phases of Software Development Life Cycle: –
- Requirement Gathering /Requirement collection
- System Analysis
- Deployment / Installation
- Requirement Gathering: – In this phase, requirements are collected from the customer side. These requirements are based on business statics and points.
- System Analysis: – In this phase, system analysis is done by a team on requirements as per the market point of view by using domain knowledge. System analysis is also done by a team for technology and other required things for development of software.
- Design: – In this phase, we create a design as per requirements. Two types of design involved here first high-level design and second is low-level design.
- Development: – In this phase, actual development starts and the product/ software is built. Development is done by developers.
- Testing: – Testing is done by the testing team at developed software. Testing is performed only after the development process.
- Deployment/ Installation: – When the software becomes stable and ready to deploy then the software is deployed at live or client site. This process is done by the senior developer or development team lead.
- Support/Maintenance: – In this phase, support takes place after the product is released in the market. It is done for the addition of new features and change in existing feature as per market response in the software. Support also takes place for issues fixing after release process at the live/production server.
Different procedures / models are available to develop software: –
- Waterfall Model
- Spiral Model
- Prototype Model
- Hybrid Model
- Rapid Application Development Model (RAD Model)
- Agile Model